Job type: Permanent
Experience level: More than 1 year
Role: Backend Developer
django | python | redis | memcached | celery
The Backend Developer is primarily responsible for supporting Circulation’s Python backend and RESTful API which are built on Django and Django Rest Framework.
If you are our ideal candidate, you will work with the engineering team to specify, design, develop, code, test and implement solutions to support the Circulation framework. You will participate in standards for development and software selection, and make application processing and design recommendations. You will also collaborate closely with the Frontend Developers to ensure they have the support needed to build the user-facing platform.
The successful candidate must have a minimum of 1 year of experience:
- with professional Python development
- working with Django
- with version control and project process (Git and Agile preferred)
- writing unit and functional tests
The ideal candidate would possess:
- experience with Django Rest Framework
- experience developing RESTful APIs
- comfort with AWS/Ubuntu/RDS
- knowledge/experience with Docker
- knowledge/experience with Celery
- knowledge/experience with server configuration (nginx preferred)
We are looking for someone who:
- has sharp, driven, strong communication skills
- is attracted to the challenge of building elegant solutions using modern technologies
- is always looking for ways to improve the current process
- works well with others - you thrive while sharing knowledge and receiving input
- Excellent health benefits
- Commuting subsidies
- Unlimited vacation
- Bright, big, sunny office
- Fun & Flexible Team
- Cold Brew Coffee on Tap
- Awesome downtown location
- Competitive compensation
Circulation is the nation's only all-in-one healthcare transportation platform with built-in connectivity between hospital information systems, non-emergency medical transportation providers, and ride sharing services.
Circulation seamlessly brings together all patient and ride-related data needed by medical transportation coordinators within a single, web-based, secure HIPAA-compliant dashboard. By harnessing the power of data, analytics, and on-demand transportation, Circulation provides a smarter, more affordable way to get patients to/from medical appointments and ensure they get the care they deserve.